Last updated: March 11, 2021
We give a 3 year warranty on all Clarijs products. To all other products the statutory Dutch warranty period applies.
There is no warranty on the window foil of the cargo bike tents and all other production. Only when stated within 48 hours of purchase.
Delivery time depends on stock. Most bags are only made after the order. Our cargo bike tents are made by order. Delivery time varies from 2 days to 3 weeks. For bags with your own logo, a delivery time of 2 to 5 weeks applies.
We do not pay shipping costs for any exchange of an order.
If you would like to order a bag with a logo, please supply a file in CMYK colours.
General terms and conditions Clarijs company
Article 1 | Definitions
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions apply:
- Reflection period: the period within which the consumer can make use of his right of withdrawal;
- Consumer: the natural person who does not act in the exercise of a profession or business and who enters into a distance contract with the entrepreneur;
- Day: calendar day;
- Duration transaction: a distance contract with regard to a series of products and/or services, the delivery and/or purchase obligation of which is spread over time;
- Durable data carrier: any means that enables the consumer or entrepreneur to store information that is personally addressed to him in a way that allows future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information;
- Right of withdrawal: the option for the consumer to cancel the distance contract within the cooling-off period;
- Entrepreneur: the natural or legal person who offers products and/or services to consumers at a distance;
- Distance contract: an agreement in which, in the context of a system organized by the entrepreneur for the distance selling of products and/or services, up to and including the conclusion of the agreement, exclusive use is made of one or more techniques for distance communication;
- Technique for distance communication: means that can be used to conclude an agreement, without the consumer and entrepreneur meeting simultaneously in the same room.
Article 2 | Identity of the entrepreneur
4353 EB Serooskerke W
Phone number: 0118-596464 available between 9 am and 5 pm
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamber of Commerce number: 22007143
VAT identification number: NL022.92.294.B01
Article 3 | Applicability
- These general terms and conditions apply to every offer from the entrepreneur and to every distance contract concluded between the entrepreneur and the consumer.
- Before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions is made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated that the general terms and conditions can be viewed at the entrepreneur and they will be sent free of charge as soon as possible at the request of the consumer.
- If the distance contract is concluded electronically, notwithstanding the previous paragraph and before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions can be made available to the consumer electronically in such a way that the consumer can can be stored in a simple way on a durable data carrier. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated where the general terms and conditions can be consulted electronically and that they will be sent free of charge at the request of the consumer electronically or otherwise.
- In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these general terms and conditions, the second and third paragraphs apply mutatis mutandis and the consumer can always invoke the applicable provision that is most favorable to him in the event of conflicting general terms and conditions. is.
Article 4 | The offer
- If an offer has a limited period of validity or is made subject to conditions, this will be expressly stated in the offer.
- The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products and/or services offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to allow a proper assessment of the offer by the consumer. If the entrepreneur uses images, these are a true representation of the products and/or services offered. Obvious mistakes or obvious errors in the offer are not binding on the entrepreneur.
- Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are attached to the acceptance of the offer. This concerns in particular:
- the price including taxes;
- any costs of delivery;
- the manner in which the agreement will be concluded and which actions are required for this;
- whether or not the right of withdrawal applies;
- the method of payment, delivery and execution of the agreement;
- the term for acceptance of the offer, or the term within which the entrepreneur guarantees the price;
- the amount of the rate for distance communication if the costs of using the technology for distance communication are calculated on a basis other than the regular base rate for the means of communication used;
- whether the agreement will be archived after it has been concluded, and if so, how it can be consulted by the consumer;
- the way in which the consumer, before concluding the agreement, can check and, if desired, restore the data provided by him in the context of the agreement;
- any other languages in which, in addition to Dutch, the agreement can be concluded;
- the codes of conduct to which the entrepreneur is subject and the way in which the consumer can consult these codes of conduct electronically; and
- the minimum duration of the distance contract in the event of a long-term transaction.
Article 5 | The agreement
- Subject to the provisions of paragraph 4, the agreement is concluded at the time of acceptance by the consumer of the offer and the fulfillment of the associated conditions.
- If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the entrepreneur will immediately confirm receipt of acceptance of the offer electronically. As long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed by the entrepreneur, the consumer can dissolve the agreement.
- If the agreement is concluded electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure the electronic transfer of data and ensure a safe web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, the entrepreneur will observe appropriate security measures.
- The entrepreneur can inform himself – within legal frameworks – whether the consumer can meet his payment obligations, as well as all those facts and factors that are important for a responsible conclusion of the distance contract. If, on the basis of this investigation, the entrepreneur has good reasons not to enter into the agreement, he is entitled to refuse an order or request with reasons or to attach special conditions to the implementation.
- The entrepreneur will send the following information to the consumer with the product or service, in writing or in such a way that it can be stored by the consumer in an accessible manner on a durable data carrier:
- the visiting address of the establishment of the entrepreneur where the consumer can go with complaints;
- the conditions under which and the manner in which the consumer can make use of the right of withdrawal, or a clear statement regarding the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
- the information about guarantees and existing after-sales service;
- the information included in Article 4 paragraph 3 of these terms and conditions, unless the entrepreneur has already provided this information to the consumer before the execution of the agreement;
- the requirements for terminating the agreement if the agreement has a duration of more than one year or is of indefinite duration.
- In the case of a long-term transaction, the provision in the previous paragraph only applies to the first delivery.
Article 6 | Right of withdrawal
- When purchasing products, the consumer has the option to dissolve the agreement without stating reasons during 14 days. This reflection period starts on the day after receipt of the product by the consumer or a representative designated in advance by the consumer and made known to the entrepreneur.
- During the cooling-off period, the consumer will handle the product and packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to assess whether he wishes to keep the product. If he makes use of his right of withdrawal, he will return the product with all accessories supplied and – if reasonably possible – in the original condition and packaging to the entrepreneur, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
Article 7 | Costs in case of withdrawal
- If the consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, at most the costs of return will be for his account.
- If the consumer has paid an amount, the entrepreneur will refund this amount as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after the return or withdrawal.
Article 8 | Exclusion right of withdrawal
- The entrepreneur can exclude the consumer’s right of withdrawal insofar as provided for in paragraphs 2 and 3. The exclusion of the right of withdrawal only applies if the entrepreneur has stated this clearly in the offer, at least in time for the conclusion of the agreement.
- Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
- that have been established by the entrepreneur in accordance with the consumer’s specifications;
- which are clearly personal in nature;
- which by their nature cannot be returned;
- which can spoil or age quickly;
- the price of which is subject to fluctuations in the financial market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
- for loose newspapers and magazines;
- for audio and video recordings and computer software of which the consumer has broken the seal.
- Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for services:
- relating to accommodation, transport, restaurant business or leisure activities to be carried out on a specific date or during a specific period;
- the delivery of which has started with the express consent of the consumer before the cooling-off period has expired;
- concerning betting and lotteries.
Article 9 | The price
- During the period of validity stated in the offer, the prices of the products and/or services offered will not be increased, except for price changes as a result of changes in VAT rates.
- Contrary to the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur can offer variable prices for products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market and over which the entrepreneur has no influence. This dependence on fluctuations and the fact that any prices stated are target prices are stated in the offer.
- Price increases within 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
- Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if the entrepreneur has stipulated this, and:
- they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions; or
- the consumer has the authority to cancel the agreement with effect from the day on which the price increase takes effect.
- The prices stated in the offer of products or services include VAT
Article 10 | Conformity and Warranty
- The entrepreneur guarantees that the products and/or services comply with the agreement, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and/or usability and the legal provisions existing on the date of the conclusion of the agreement and /or government regulations. If agreed, the entrepreneur also guarantees that the product is suitable for other than normal use.
- A guarantee provided by the entrepreneur, manufacturer or importer does not affect the legal rights and claims that the consumer can assert against the entrepreneur on the basis of the agreement.
Article 11 | Delivery and execution
- The entrepreneur will take the greatest possible care when receiving and executing orders for products and when assessing applications for the provision of services.
- The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to the company.
- With due observance of what is stated in article 4 of these general terms and conditions, the company will execute accepted orders expeditiously but at the latest within 30 days, unless a longer delivery period has been agreed. If the delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or only partially be executed, the consumer will be notified of this no later than 30 days after he has placed the order. In that case, the consumer has the right to dissolve the agreement without costs and is entitled to any compensation.
- In the event of dissolution in accordance with the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur will refund the amount that the consumer has paid as soon as possible, but no later than 30 days after dissolution.
- If delivery of an ordered product proves to be impossible, the entrepreneur will make every effort to make a replacement item available. At the latest upon delivery, it will be stated in a clear and comprehensible manner that a replacement item will be delivered. For replacement items right of withdrawal can not be excluded. The costs of any return shipment are for the account of the entrepreneur.
- The risk of damage and/or loss of products rests with the entrepreneur until the moment of delivery to the consumer or a representative designated in advance and made known to the entrepreneur, unless expressly agreed otherwise.
Article 12 | Duration transactions: duration, cancellation and renewal
- The consumer can terminate an agreement that has been entered into for an indefinite period and which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, with due observance of the agreed cancellation rules and a notice period of no more than one month.
- The consumer can terminate an agreement that has been entered into for a definite period and which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, at any time towards the end of the fixed term, subject to the agreed cancellation rules and a notice period of at least maximum one month.
- The consumer can conclude the agreements referred to in the previous paragraphs:
- cancel at any time and are not limited to cancellation at a specific time or period;
- at least cancel in the same way as they entered into by him;
- always cancel with the same notice period as the entrepreneur has stipulated for himself.
- An agreement entered into for a definite period of time and which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services may not be tacitly extended or renewed for a definite period.
- Notwithstanding the previous paragraph, a contract that has been entered into for a definite period and which extends to the regular delivery of daily news and weekly newspapers and magazines may be tacitly extended for a fixed term of a maximum of three months, if the consumer opposes this extended contract. can cancel the end of the extension with a notice period of no more than one month.
- An agreement that has been entered into for a definite period and which extends to the regular delivery of products or services may only be tacitly extended for an indefinite period if the consumer may cancel at any time with a notice period of at most one month and a notice period of at most three months if the agreement extends to the regular, but less than once a month, delivery of daily, news and weekly newspapers and magazines.
- An agreement with a limited duration for the regular delivery of daily, news and weekly newspapers and magazines (trial or introductory subscription) is not tacitly continued and ends automatically after the trial or introductory period.
- If an agreement has a duration of more than one year, the consumer may terminate the agreement at any time after one year with a notice period of no more than one month, unless reasonableness and fairness oppose cancellation before the end of the agreed duration.
Article 13 | Payment
- Unless otherwise agreed, the amounts owed by the consumer must be paid within 14 days after the start of the reflection period as referred to in Article 6 paragraph 1. In the case of an agreement to provide a service, this period starts after the consumer has received confirmation of the agreement. A payment term of 14 days after receipt of the invoice applies to companies.
- When selling products to consumers, an advance payment of more than 50% may never be stipulated in general terms and conditions. When advance payment is stipulated, the consumer cannot assert any rights with regard to the execution of the relevant order or service(s) before the stipulated advance payment has been made.
- The consumer has the obligation to immediately report inaccuracies in the payment details provided or stated to the entrepreneur.
- In the event of non-payment by the consumer, the entrepreneur has the right, subject to legal restrictions, to charge the reasonable costs made known to the consumer in advance.
Article 14 | Complaints procedure
- The entrepreneur has a sufficiently publicized complaints procedure and handles the complaint in accordance with this complaints procedure.
- Complaints about the execution of the agreement must be submitted to the entrepreneur, fully and clearly described, within a reasonable time, after the consumer has discovered the defects.
- Complaints submitted to the entrepreneur will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, the entrepreneur will answer within the period of 14 days with a notification of receipt and an indication when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, a dispute arises that is subject to the dispute settlement procedure.
Article 15 | Disputes
Only Dutch law applies to agreements between the entrepreneur and the consumer to which these general terms and conditions apply.
Article 16 | Additional or different provisions
Additional provisions or provisions that deviate from these general terms and conditions may not be to the detriment of the consumer and must be recorded in writing or in such a way that they can be stored by the consumer in an accessible manner on a durable data carrier.
Online Stores Privacy
Our postal and business address is Wilgenhoekweg 2 4353 EB Serooskerke W The Netherlands
Our registration number at the Chamber of Commerce is 22007143.
Our VAT number is NL022.92.294.B02.
With every visit to our website, our web server automatically recognizes neither your domain name nor your e-mail address.
When you visit our website, we save
- your email address if you communicate this to us;
- the domain name of other sites you consulted to access our site;
- any information related to the pages you have consulted on our site;
- any information you have voluntarily provided (for example, research information and/or site registration).
This information is used
- for internal use and will be deleted afterwards;
- to improve the content of our website;
- to notify you of updates to our site;
- to contact you later for marketing purposes;
The information is only used internally and is not passed on to other organizations for commercial purposes.
- to record information sessions, such as information about what you add to your shopping list
- to record information specific to you, such as the web pages you consulted to get to our site
We have no partnerships or special relationships with third parties on the Internet.
When we transfer or receive your data on our website, we always use encryption technologies that are recognized as accepted standards within the IT sector.
When we receive or transfer certain critical information, such as financial information or health information, we use a secure server. You will be notified of this via a screen displayed on our site (pop-up).
We have put in place necessary security measures to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information we receive on our site.
– By email: email@example.com
– By phone: +31 118 596464
– By letter: Wilgenhoekweg 2 4353 EB Serooskerke The Netherlands
About communication by e-mail
If you do not wish to receive emails from our company in the future, please contact us at the above address.
About communication by letter
If you provide us with your postal address via the web, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information about products and services. If you do not wish to receive such mailing, please contact us at the above address.
About communication by telephone
If you provide us with your telephone number via the web, our company will only contact you by telephone if it is necessary to inform you about the orders you have placed online.
If you no longer wish to receive addressed advertising material and/or commercial telephone calls, you can make this known via the website of the Infofilter Foundation: www.infofilter.nl.
Upon request, we provide visitors to our site with access to all information we hold about them. If you wish to access this information, please contact us at the above address.
Upon request, we offer visitors to our site the opportunity to correct any inaccurate information we hold about them. If you wish to correct your personal information, please contact us at the above address.